Warning: Declaration of KenyonEvents::getUpcomingFeatured($count) should be compatible with BigTreeModule::getUpcomingFeatured($count = 5, $field = 'date', $columns = false) in /var/www/vhosts/dev.fastspot.com/httpdocs/clients/kenyon/custom/inc/modules/events.php on line 110 Our History · Kenyon CollegeSkip to Main Content
Etiam porta sem malesuada magna mollis euismod. Cum sociis natoque penatibus et magnis dis parturient montes, nascetur ridiculus mus.
The Office for Community Partnerships serves as a Knox County resource, linking Kenyon College students to community service opportunities, regional internships and coursework in concert with business, industry and nonprofit, social service organizations.
This initiative led by Kenyon President Sean Decatur has been made possible by an $800,000 "Sense of Place" grant from the Andrew W. Mellon Foundation.
In 2017, the Office for Community Partnerships moved into the heart of downtown Mount Vernon as part of a strategic effort to engage with the broader Knox County community.
The Wright Center is where we have made our new, shared home; our offices will be on the main floor along with SPI Spot, while the Department of Dance, Drama & Film film studies program occupies the two upper floors.
Originally built in 1910, the building boasted a, for the time, fire-proof structure of brick, concrete and steel. The 18,000 square-foot wholesale grocery store prospered until it was sold sixty years later to the Buckeye Candy and Tobacco Company, which predominately sold candy and tobacco.
The building was owned by its namesake for 35 years before it was sold again and converted into an antique store. Through generous support from Ariel Foundation and the Community Foundation of Mount Vernon & Knox County, this important landmark is being transformed into a venue for community engagement and academic programs.